Here are some great resources for parents. Let us know what else we should add to the list!
TEST PREP AND COLLEGE PLANNING
- All the information you need to know about the common application.
- Official website of the ACT. Information on test dates, registration, costs and services on viewing your scores and much, much more.
- Home of the SAT from the College Board. Everything you need to know about the SATs.
EDUCATION: ALL AGES
- Reading strategies, lessons, and activities designed to help young children learn to read. Designed to help parents and teachers assist struggling readers build fluency, vocabulary, comprehension skills, and more.
- Starfall.com encourages and motivates children to read with phonics. Wonderful online content for very young children (K-2).
- This American Library Association website will help your child find answers to your math and reading questions. Questions and answers provided by a staff of teachers.
- BrainPOP contains animated, engaging content on everything from higher math to basic grammar…check it out!
- Forum and resource links for parents of students ranging in age from preschool through high schools.
- A comprehensive round up of subjects for parents, teachers and kids, from Family Education Network.
- With a name like Shmoop, you wouldn’t know that this is a place for serious learning– a lively and fun collection of educational tools/learning guides on a wide range of subjects for all age students, from an impressive group of experts and educators from top universities.
- A wealth of study guides on varied subjects including time management, test taking, essay writing, and more. Comprehensive and useful list.
- Information for parents, teachers, attorneys about special education law and advocacy issues for children with learning disabilities.
- The world’s leading website on learning disabilities and ADHD, serving more than 200,000 parents, teachers, and other professionals each month.
- Project Eye-To-Eye: a nationally based mentoring program that works directly with LD/ADHD youth to build self-esteem, develop self-awareness, and implement academic accommodations.
VIDEOS: FOR INSPIRATION
- Taylor Mali, slam poet…the teacher we wish we had in high school. Raw, but worth watching.
- SAT rap video from Brooklyn high school teachers. Watch it to get psyched for test day!
- Who says studying a foreign language has to be boring?
VIDEOS: FOR FUN
- A four year old needs help with math…so he calls 911.